I realized then that I really had to go see the doctor, because more than likely I had Strep too. Sadly, I was right. I have Strep and a Sinus infection. Joy.
Having a sick baby and being sick yourself is no fun at all. It's especially bad when your other half is deployed. You don't get a break when they come home from work. It's just you 24/7.
After pondering this it dawned on me...Pablo has never been home when Liam was sick. He's either had duty or been on an underway. Luckily, Liam has only been sick a few times. I guess those times were preparing me for deployment though.
I also wanted to share my favorite all natural remedies for dealing with colds, allergies and sinus crud (as I like to call it).
- Hot Chamomile Tea with honey and lemon juice - This just makes me feel better and helps me get some sleep.
- Honey - Raw and local is best, but I feel any honey is better than no honey!
- Maty's All Natural Baby Chest Rub - I use to be a Vick's Vapor Rub addict until I found out how bad petroleum is for you. I switched to Maty's for Liam and use it on myself as well. It's amazing. I would even go so far as to say it's better than Vick's!
- Gargle with warm salt water - I also throw in a couple shakes of cayenne pepper too. It clears up your sinuses and helps a sore throat!
- A Hot Shower- Taking a hot shower or running hot water in the bathroom sink with a towel over your head helps clear your head. I just love breathing in that warm steam.
- A Neti Pot- A Neti Pot is great for cleaning out your sinuses. I just started using one and can really tell a difference. If you click on the link you can learn more about nasal irrigation on WebMD.
There you go. A few of my favorite natural remedies. Some are not exactly remedies, but relief. I don't know about you, but when I'm sick I'll take all the relief I can get!
Do you have any natural remedies? I'd love to hear them.