Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Although it does not feel like it, today is the first day of Spring! It's been cold here and it'll be even colder tomorrow. Come on Spring!!!

To celebrate I thought I'd share my Easter decor with you. Most of the ideas came from Pinterest, of course!

Here's my tablescape. I use the top of our TV stand for my holiday tablescapes. Our TV is now mounted as you can see from the super ugly cords, so I get free range of the TV stand.


I stuffed the vase with recycled tissue paper from a gift bag and the eggs I got at Michael's on clearance last year. I think I paid .25 cents each for them! The felt basket was new with tags from Target, but I found it at Goodwill for .50 cents! Target sends unsold clearance items to Goodwill. I have gotten some awesome deals that way. So, keep an eye out at your local Goodwill.


The cloth was a gift from my Mother-in-law. I assume it's from Guatemala. She gave it to me to keep my tortillas warm after cooking them. I think it looks very Spring-like, so I'm using it in my tablescape. I guess I should have ironed it now that I look at it. Oh well, the iron and I are not very good friends. lol!


 The vintage print in my Target frame can be found here. It's a free printable from The Graphics Fairy LLC. She has tons of amazing Easter photos!


 These are hand painted plastic eggs from a local famer's market in my sister's hometown. I put them in the cake stand from Liam's birthday party. I pretty much use it for every holiday now. I found the cake stand at Hobby Lobby for 40% off. Can you tell I love a deal?





 I made this super easy egg garland last year with eggs I found at Goodwill! You can find the tutorial here. Basically you just string plastic eggs.  ;)

This is the egg garland made with large eggs. It's in a basket on the dining room table, because Liam wouldn't leave it alone on my tablescape.


This amazing little hanging and the egg one on my front door were DIY projects made with trays from Dollar Tree. You can find the tutorial here from K.I.S.S. {Keep It Simple, Sister}.It really is super simple!

I hope to peruse the Easter clearance again this year and maybe snag some new Spring decor for next year.

Happy Spring! 


 
 


4 comments :

  1. Very pretty Easter decorations you did- I'm sure visitors in your home get a big kick out them :)

    Visiting from Brag Monday linky party @Graphicsfairy
    Smiles,
    Suz @ MaytagNmom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting you from SITS! I love your spring decor, the chick on the serving tray is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! The chick on the serving tray is one of my favorite pieces too!

      Delete