Saturday, March 3, 2012

I must be crazy...

I'm attempting to take a road trip with Liam. It's going to be just me and him. Granted, this will be our second road trip, but it's our first BIG trip. I'm lucky enough that my friend over at You Are My Sunshine lives exactly halfway between me and my destination. She has been kind enough to let us stay the night with her, so that we can break up the trip! Thank goodness. I don't think I could do 6 1/2 hours with a baby. It would turn into a 12 hour trip from all the stops! Plus, I get to spend time with my friend and her beautiful son. Win-win!

So, I'm going to visit family for a week... 8 days to be exact.  One glance at all the stuff I have to bring and it looks more like we're moving in! It's ridiculous how much stuff a tiny baby needs (or how much we THINK he needs).  There's the Bumbo and the activity gym, plus some toys and books....




Then there are all the tiny clothes! How am I supposed to know if it's going to be a one outfit day or a three outfit day? You never can tell, so you have to prepare. I'm just going to plan for everyday being a three outfit day...that means lots of clothes! There are also the bibs. Liam has started drooling constantly, therefore, he needs his bib changed out a minimum of 100 times a day. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it sure feels like 100 times a day.

Notice the drop of drool and the soaked shirt.

Of course, I also need all my cloth diapers! I'm going to be able to use my sister's washer and dryer, so Liam doesn't have to spend the whole trip in disposables. Yay!

Organizing all of this chaos is no easy task. Liam's crib has become a giant laundry basket. At least I'm getting some use out of it until he moves into it.





Who knows what I'm going to look like on this trip. I'm putting too much effort into making sure I have everything for Liam that I'm just throwing stuff into a suitcase for me. Ha! 

That all said, I'm going to be MIA from here for a week or so. I'll be sure to update about how the road trip went when I return! I'll also try and get around to Part 3 of the cloth diapers post!

No comments :

Post a Comment