Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So, who is this Liam kid?

*** Update:  This was my first post at which time the blog was titled Laundry, Languages, Laughter and Liam. I just thought I'd clear that up since it's referenced in this post. =)



If you've stumbled across my blog, you may be asking yourself "Who's Liam?".  I am more than happy to answer that question! Liam is my adorable, smart and charming baby boy! See below.

 Liam Perez

You may also be wondering what HE has to do with laundry and languages. (I figure the laughter part is obvious.) Of course, babies create lots of laundry! Those tiny clothes seem to never stay clean. But my husband and I have added even more laundry...we've decided to try our hand at cloth diapering! So far, so good, but more on that later! 




The second part of my blog name is languages. My adventure with languages started well before Liam was ever a thought. I come from a Southern family and we speak only English, but I fell in love with the Spanish language in High School. I continued studying it in College and eventually changed my major to Spanish.

 
 La Universidad de Salamanca in Salamanca, Spain



I was lucky enough to meet and marry my bilingual husband, so the Spanish has continued.


Now, we've decided that we want Liam to be bilingual, therefore, the Spanish Language is spoken quite frequently at home! I wouldn't go as far as to say that we ONLY speak Spanish at home, but we're working on it! 

We also read and sing in Spanish!


So, there you have it! This is my adventure of motherhood, bilingualism and cloth diapering with a little humor thrown in. <3





No comments :

Post a Comment